The Ketogenic diet, also known to be a low-carb diet is an amazing kind of diet through which the body produces ketones in the liver. These ketones are used as energy. Researchers have shown in their researches that this diet has been found to contain high-fat, adequate protein and low carbohydrates. Keto Diet for Weight Loss is well-known because it is capable of turning body fats into a fat-burning machine through the process called ketosis. This diet can become a cause of a drastic reduction in blood sugar and insulin level that offers many health benefits and prevents many health related issues and diseases.
Doesn’t that make you curious to know how this diet works? This diet is quite popular nowadays among people who have great urge to lose weight. Though this seems quite challenging but Ketogenic diet helps in limiting carbs 20-50 grams per day.
- 0.1 Benefits of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
- 0.2 Keto Diet for Weight Loss Guidelines for Beginners:
- 0.3 Keto Diet Plan:
- 1 Day One of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
- 2 Day Two of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
- 3 Day Three of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
Benefits of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
Studies show that Ketogenic diet is an effective and entirely different approach through which you can lose your weight and improve your health. You may benefit from many health issues like diabetes, cancer, obesity, epilepsy as well as Alzheimer’s disease. By using this diet, you can lose weight and lower risk factor for diseases that are caused due to increased weight. One of the most interesting keto diet weight loss results is that through it you can lose weight without relying on counting your calories or tracking your food by limiting portion sizes or requiring extreme exercise.
- Weight Loss
Weight loss is the most popular reason for trying out the Keto diet. A Ketogenic diet is capable of helping with speed up weight loss. This rapid weight loss takes place by putting your body into a state of Ketosis which allows you to use fat for energy. This fat burning improves your overall health by increasing your physical as well as mental energy levels. The Ketogenic diet is high in protein and does not leave you hungry or makes you feel any kind of weakness.
image is here
Keto Diet for Weight Loss makes you feel fewer food cravings and helps in taking lower calories. Through this diet, you can have more self-control and can feel more active physically as well as mentally. There are few benefits of Keto Diet for Weight Loss that contribute to weight loss. But you need to be clear about what you should eat and what you should avoid while being on a Keto diet.If you want to buy keto Diet products, please Click Here!
product link is here
When you are designing a Keto plan for weight loss, you should use a Keto macro calculator in order to keep track of your performance. You should also focus on exercise and intermittent fasting while dealing with plateaus.
Then comes the time when you should learn how to test ketone levels and keep track of the glucose-ketone index. Track your body fats by taking photos or by using measurement tape. But you should review your goals and results and if it seems that the diet is not working then learn to adjust to induce ketosis.
- Controls Blood Sugar:Can a diet control blood sugar? Yes, Ketogenic diet is capable of lowering blood sugar level naturally and effectively. This diet restricts daily carbohydrates to around 20-3-g of net carbs to burn your body fats for fuel. This process is known as ketosis and while your body is experiencing this, your blood sugar level will decrease. The type of food you eat while being on a Keto diet helps in managing and preventing diabetes. This Ketogenic diet must be specifically considered by pre-diabetic or Type II diabetes patients.
- Improves Mental Focus:
Most of the people use Ketogenic diet to improve brain function and increase mental focus and performance. Ketones work as a great fuel for your brain so when you lower carb intake, you avoid big spikes in blood sugar. In this way, these ketones result in providing improved focus and concentration. Some of the ways through which ketone bodies benefit the brain are:
- Ketones are a neuro-protective anti-oxidant that prevents harmful reactive oxygen species from damaging brain cells.
- Ketones are more efficient energy source than sugar. Burning ketones can maintain the health of aging brain cells.
- Ketones enhance the capacity of brain cells and protect them from strokes and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Ketones have been found to decrease glutamatergic tone and increase GABAergic tone. In this way, they help prevent brain cells damage and improve their function.
- Ketones have been found to trigger the expression of Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). This can improve the function of the areas of the brain which plays a great role in learning, memory and higher thinking.
- Better Appetite Control:
There is one thing exciting about Ketogenic diet is that Ketones help in suppressing appetite. Ketones are capable of controlling hunger and satiety hormones in a variety of significant ways. Scientists have identified that these ketones impact a hormone that makes you feel full and reduces the cravings for foods that leads to overeating like sugar and carbs.
- Increase in Energy:
Low carb diets like Ketogenic diets can lower insulin levels. Keto foods are very effective in banishing tiredness and increasing our energy levels. By the end of the first week of your Keto Diet for Weight Loss plan, you begin to experience the rewards of low carb eating. This takes place in the form of increased energy, better mental concentration and few or no cravings for the carb.
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure:
There is strong medical evidence that the Keto diet is beneficial for reduction of cardiovascular disease risk factors including lowering blood pressure and improving triglyceride and cholesterol level. Some blood pressure issues are caused due to excess weight so keto diet is of great benefit in that case as it helps in losing weight and assists with raising good cholesterol level.
- Insulin Resistance:
Insulin is a fat storing hormone which leads to an expanding waistline. It can lead to obesity, metabolic syndrome and to Type 2 diabetes if left unchecked. There is a strong link between insulin resistance to fatty liver and colorectal cancer. Moreover, it is also related to carb dependence, high blood sugar, and blood pressure. The Ketogenic diet can help you in insulin resistance and that is only possible if you restrict net carbs to 20-50g by eating fatty foods. In this way, this can help improve insulin levels.
- Acne:The Keto Diet for Weight Loss has been found to cure acne and results in the improvement of skin quality. This is possible that the way of eating while being on Keto diet may help with acne issue due to its effects on hormonal health. This is how keto diet can be beneficial for acne:
- Elevated insulin level can set the stage for acne eruption so ketogenic diet is there to decrease insulin levels in order to overcome acne problem.
- Acne progress is driven by inflammation. So Keto Diet for Weight Loss has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Increase in the level of IGF-1 can increase sebum production that plays a large role in acne. So ketogenic diet is of great importance in decreasing levels of IGF-1.
- Helps fight Cancer:
Through researches, it has been found that sugar is the main source of fuel that feeds cancer cells and increases the risk of cancer. So Ketogenic diet has been considered to be a natural and non-toxic metabolic therapy for prevention and treatment of cancer. It helps to a great extent in weakening cancer cells. These cancer cells are dependent upon the constant supply of blood sugar i.e. glucose to keep them alive. Ketogenic diet lowers blood glucose while increasing ketone levels through which it starves cancel cells and nourishes normal cells along with strengthening of entire body health. So ketogenic diet plan for cancer patients is most effective.
Keto Diet for Weight Loss Guidelines for Beginners:
- Remember that it is Ketogenic diet’s goal to turn your body from a sugar burner to a fat burner. It continually starves your body of carbohydrates to help it stay in a process of ketosis. You can get help from best ketogenic diet book.Starting up on the ketogenic diet plan needs to be taken place in the form of these stages.
- Motivation Stage – What do you want and why you want it?
- Knowledge Stage – Do you understand the main idea of what you are trying to do?
- Preparation Stage – Are you mentally and physically set up for success here?
- Execution Stage – Are you doing your best?
- Testing Stage – Are you testing your results?
- Correction Stage – Based on your ketone levels and results what and how can you improve?
Being a beginner, there are few guidelines that need to be considered in order to make the best use of the Keto diet plan. This can only be done if you have the better understanding of what a Ketogenic diet is. Then you have to make sure what to eat and what to avoid eating during this diet plan and few precautions that you need to take depending on your mental and physical health issues. You must also be well aware of the benefits as well as dangers that can confront you while being on keto diet plan.
- What to eat on a Keto Diet for Weight Loss?
Here are foods that you can enjoy while being on a Keto diet for Weight Loss. In short, you should focus on eating real food like meat, nuts or seeds, eggs, yogurt, fatty fish, butter, cheese, healthy oils, avocado and berries, low carb vegetables and some fruits. This kind of a diet plan does not only lets you lose weight but also helps you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- What to avoid on a Keto Plan:
While being on a Keto plan, you should avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar or starch. These foods include sugary foods, bread, pasta, rice, grains and starches, beans, potatoes, root vegetables, unhealthy fats, alcohol, some fruits etc that are high in carbs.
Keto Diet Plan:
3 Day Keto Kickstart Diet Plan:
Getting into a diet plan can be quite difficult as you need a lot of determination and hard work. Many people go through the similar situation so here is the 3 Day Keto Kick-start Diet Plan that needs to be followed to get used to a long term diet plan.
Day One of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
In the morning, start with taking Cream Cheese Pancakes with butter and sugar-free syrup or coffee with heavy cream & no carb sweetener along with bacon or sugar-free breakfast sausage
2-3 String Cheese
In lunch take ham and cheese rolled in cream cheese pancakes along with mayonnaise and arugula or spinach
Half an avocado with light salt and pepper
In dinner, it’s recommended that you take classic Buffalo wings with sugar-free blue cheese dressing and celery sticks
1 serving Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate Truffles
Day Two of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
For the second day, you can have any kind of eggs for breakfast along with bacon or sugar-free sausage and coffee with heavy cream & no carb sweetener
Half an avocado with light salt and pepper
In lunch, you will have to take simple tuna salad i.e. romaine lettuce leaves with added mayonnaise, salt and pepper boats and 1 cup chicken broth
12 almonds and/or 2 string cheese
10-minute no-chop chili with which you will be taking cheddar cheese, sour cream, and pork rinds for dipping
1 serving Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate Truffles
Day Three of Keto Diet for Weight Loss:
Start your morning with cream cheese pancakes with bacon or sugar-free breakfast sausage and coffee with heavy cream & no carb sweetener.
12 almonds and/or 2 string cheese
Leftover 10-minute chili, tuna salad, or ham and cheese/pancake rollups
1 cup chicken broth and half an avocado with light salt and pepper
In dinner, take easy Cajun Chicken with Cheesy Cauliflower Puree and 2 cups baby spinach with carb free dressing
Dessert is optional but if you want, you can take 1 serving Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate Truffles
30 Day Keto Meal Plan:
Here is the 30 Day Keto Meal Plan comprised of four weeks interval planning and you are definitely going to see the desired results from Keto Diet for Weight Loss.
- For breakfast, it’s a great idea to prepare something simple as cheese pancakes that are quick, easy and tasty as well.
- For lunch, you can go for salad and meat that must be slathered in high-fat dressing.
- Dinner must be a combination of leafy green broccoli and spinach with some meat. This diet will be high on the fat and moderate on the protein.
- For breakfast, you can go for Ketoproof coffee. If you are not a coffee fan, then you can try it with any type of tea that you like.
- For lunch, green vegetables and high-fat dressings or vinaigrettes are sure to balance out the fats with the amounts of protein.
- Meats, vegetables and high fat dressings with a slathering of butter can be the center of your life in the second week for dinner.
- This week, with breakfast we are going to double the amount of ketoproof coffee or tea. This means that we will double the amount of coconut oil, butter, and heavy cream.
- Say no to lunch because the fats taken in the morning are going to keep you full and energized till lunch. Make sure that you have plenty of water to drink.
- Dinner will remain the same i.e. meats, vegetables and fats.
- This week is all about fasting. For breakfast, go for coffee or any type of tea that you like. Tea especially green tea adds great health benefits just as the coffee does.
- Remember that you are fasting so for lunch you can just have plenty of water to drink. Just make sure that you keep yourself hydrated.
- In dinner, break your fast with a small snack and then have lots of food with dessert to cover the bases.
Low Carb Keto Food List:
Here is your list of low carb keto foods that you can have during the time span of your dieting.
- Fats & Oils (Healthy): Olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil, butter, avocados, bacon fat, chia seed and flax seed.
- Meats: Chicken, lamb, beef, pork, etc.
- Seafood & Fish: Tuna, salmon, cod, octopus, shrimp, bass, tilapia etc.
- Non-starchy Vegetables: Broccoli, Spinach, zucchini, onion, cucumber, garlic, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, spaghetti squash, etc.
- Eggs: You should go for Omega-3 enriched and pasture-raised organic ones.
- Dairy Products (Full Fat): Butter, yogurt, all types of cheeses, heavy cream, unsweetened almond milk.
- Nuts and Seeds: Cashews, Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts and sunflower seeds must be taken in small amounts.
- Flour Replacements: Coconut flour, almond flour and almond meal.
- Berries : Stawberries, blueberries, black berries, raspberries, lemons and limes. All these must be taken in small amounts.
- Sweeteners and Sugar Alcohols: Stevia, Erythritol, stevia, xylitol and truvia.
It’s suggested that you consume sweeteners that has minimal calories with no carbs and a low Glycemic Index. This must be taken care of because such sweetners neither counts toward your net carbs nor do they spike your blood sugar level.
Exercise on Keto Diet:
- Though exercise can completely fit into your routine while eating for ketosis, you need to keep in mind a few considerations.Types of Exercises on Ketogenic Diet:
- Aerobic Exercise that is also known as Cardio exercise. This, if done on lower intensity and steady state-cardio, is fat burning and can be very friendly for a keto dieter. This may last for not more than three minutes.
- Anaerobic Exercise is characterized by shorter bursts of energy. Carbohydrates are the primary fuel for this type of exercise.
- Flexibility Exercises can help prevent injuries that are caused by shortening of muscles by helping you stretch out your muscles and supporting joints. These exercises may include yoga and other simple after-work-out stretches.
- Stability Exercises include balancing exercises and core training. Through these, you can improve your alignment, strengthen your muscles and control the movement of your body parts.
Keep in mind that when you are on a Keto Diet for Weight Loss, you are using fat as your primary energy source. This can make high-intensity exercise like that of anaerobic exercises quite difficult, so it’s better that you go for low intensity aerobic exercises.
Dangers of Keto Diet:
- Risks in Adults:
When you go on a Ketogenic diet, you will be eating few carbohydrates, moderate proteins and no fats. When you begin with this diet, you shed a ton of water weight that can lead to dehydration so it is better that you keep yourself well-hydrated. Keto Diet for Weight Loss may increase your risk for kidney damage, osteoporosis, abnormal heartbeat, lipid abnormalities and can even lead to sudden death. If your diet is high in protein then it can also increase the risk of cancer and diabetes in a person so keep track of the proteins, carbs, and fats that you intake.
- Risks in Children:
Although Keto diet has been studied to be beneficial for dealing with epilepsy, children placed on this diet for epilepsy control sometimes experience side effects too. This may lead to kidney stones, high cholesterol, low bone density and slower growth in children. There is also the risk of lethargy, acidosis, dehydration, gastrointestinal distress and low blood sugar associated with keto diet when taken by children.
- Keto Flu:When you start taking keto diet, you cut out lots of processed foods and eat more natural foods. This results in reducing carbs and reducing insulin levels which reduces sodium stored by kidneys. Due to a low level of sodium and electrolytes, Keto Flu happens to keto dieters. This has flu-like symptoms but this is not the same as the other flu as it is not at all contagious and does not actually involve a virus. Here are the symptoms:
If you want to avoid getting Keto flu then add more sodium and electrolytes to your diet. Here are the most effective ways to treat it:
- Adding more salt to your food
- Drinking soup broth
- Eating plenty of salty foods like bacon and pickled vegetables