please excuse my sad attempt last year at planting a pine tree. What a shame that was, I should have taken it out already, but I was just hoping for a miracle that it would survive somehow, doesn’t look like it though. Even the pheasant is probably talking to its buddy saying that this place is not looking promising lol.
Now that I enjoyed having someone to share this with I guess we shall get to the topic at hand which are these easy to assemble, delicious and must eat ricotta prosciutto triscuit appetizers. I have to say that prosciutto is one of those foods in my life that I would hate to dream about not having. When I go to see my family in Italy, I make sure that I over dose on prosciutto so that I will be able to make it till the next time. I know that there is prosciutto available here, but trust when I say it is not the same. If any of you know of a place where I can get amazingly good prosciutto let me know. I have managed to find a resource or two that has very good quality prosciutto, but it is a long distance travel for me, so it’s not something I can manage to go get all the time. I guess it’s a good thing that I don’t have it a hands length reach other wise I really would be eating it all the time, and my waist line would be terribly disappointed in me. When I do get prosciutto I love to make these great little appetizers and share them with friends and family because they really are super.
- 1 box whole grain reduced sodium triscuit crackers. I use these ones because the prosciutto has enough sodium on its own.
- 1 green onion chopped fine
- A small hand full of fresh parsley chopped
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto sliced thin strips
- 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Place crackers onto a tray.
- Slice prosciutto, chop green onion and parsley.
- Mix ricotta and nutmeg in a bowl till well blended than place it into a piping bag.
- Squeeze about a little less than a tsp. of ricotta onto each cracker, place a slice of prosciutto over top, sprinkle green onion and parsley over the prosciutto than drizzle a very small amount of olive oil over entire tray.
- Serve it you r family and guests. Be sure that you will be asked if there are anymore left and of course for the recipe.