Did you know that there are foods and ingredients that can help you burn fat naturally? You don’t have to go on a starvation diet to look better in your jeans; you can still eat and feel happy and comfortable as you shed pounds.
Yes, there are diet pills that contain intense, chemically-derived fat burners that can help you lose weight in record time, but if you want a more natural approach to weight loss and trimming your figure, then it’s time to go grocery shopping.
The following is a list of foods you can easily incorporate into your diet. They taste delicious and can become substitutes or staples within your favorite dishes.
1. Almonds- Nuts, and almonds in particular, work to burn fat in several different ways. First off, they promote feelings of satiety and can stave off hunger for hours. Because they suppress your appetite you’ll consume fewer calories after consumption and your body will turn to fat stores for energy.
In the International Journal of Obesity, a study was published that showed participants who ate almonds daily for a 6 month period lost up to 18% of their body fat. Almonds are great snacks for on-the-go individuals or can be used in salads or in oatmeal.
2. Pears- These fiber-rich fruits are great for zapping fat. Women who consumed 3 pears daily consumed fewer calories throughout the entire day and lost more weight than those who didn’t, according to a study published in Nutrition journal.
Because pears are so fiber-dense, they act as appetite suppressants because your body takes longer to digest them and feels fuller for longer after consumption.
3. Navy Beans-– A major component of Navy Beans is resistant starch which acts as a powerful fat burner. If Navy Beans are consumed with simply one meal per day, you can burn 25% more fat than you could without consuming the beans.
Navy beans are great to incorporate into soups, chili, and salads. They can be served hot or cold and are packed full of nutrients to support overall health.
4. Oats- Like pears, oats are a rich source of fiber that slows digestion and increases your metabolism. Also because oats are slowly digested, they don’t cause a spike in insulin like the carbohydrates in bagels and cereals do.
Start your day off right by eating oatmeal for breakfast. Breakfast is one of the most important meals for weight loss, and studies have shown that eating breakfast in the morning boosts your metabolism by 10% for the entire day. When you skip breakfast, your body begins to store fat as it goes into starvation mode.
5. Spicy Peppers- Peppers ranging from jalapenos, to habaneros, to cayenne are going to boost your metabolism and increase your fat burn as well. These spicy peppers contain a substance called capsaicin that not only adds to the flavor of chilis and peppers, but works to increase your metabolism as well.
Whether you like spicy foods or not, you can still cook with peppers. If you prefer a milder flavor, don’t cook with the seeds of the peppers. Peppers can also be cooked with and then removed from dishes like curry, chili, and soups, and cayenne comes in spice form and can be used with or in place of spices like turmeric and coriander.
Burn Fat Naturally
Burning fat naturally can be as easy as filling your fridge and cupboards with foods that are going to boost your metabolism. All of the foods mentioned above are inexpensive and easy to find at your local grocery store, so you can get started today.